BIM File is an additional deliverable you can purchase after we've scanned a property; The files you receive can be easily imported into Autodesk’s® Revit software. Included in the BIM (Building Information Modeling) package are:
- .RVT file (compatible with Revit 2020 and newer)
- .DWG (Floor Plan)
- .DWG (Reflected Ceiling Plan)
The Matterport BIM File is for those who work in the AEC space (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction), such as the following:
- Sectors: Commercial, Retail, Data Centers, General Architecture/Design Firms, Engineering Firms, construction companies.
- Beneficiaries: Professionals within organizations responsible for design, construction, project management, acquisitions, and leasing.
|Floor Area of Space (SQFT)||Floor Area of Space (SQM)||Standard Processing Times*
(Hours from receipt of order)
- Architecture (default): Existing conditions of base building architecture, dimensions, and quantities based on black and white point cloud.
- Architecture + Furniture: Architecture plus existing conditions of tables, seating, cabinets, appliances, and some wall fixtures, etc., based on black and white point cloud.
- Architecture + MEP: Architecture plus existing conditions of visible MEP systems, including but not limited to mechanical equipment, piping, plumbing, and electrical outlets based on black and white point cloud.
- Architecture + Furniture + MEP: Existing conditions of interior architecture, furniture, equipment, and visible MEP systems, including but not limited to mechanical equipment, piping, plumbing, and electrical outlets based on black and white point cloud.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these files LOD (Level-of-Development) 200?
Yes. Structural and architectural elements meet a LOD 200 specification, although furniture and MEP building information might typically be more representative of LOD 300.
LOD 200 means that any information derived from it must be considered approximate. At this LOD, elements are generic placeholders. They might be recognizable as the components they represent, or they might be representative volumetric placeholders.
Can I get something custom for my BIM file?
We are unable to accommodate customizations.
I’ve been notified my order was canceled because it’s larger than 50,000 sqft. What can I do?
We are working on being able to accommodate larger orders. For now, you can split the space into two spaces and order again on the two new spaces. To do this, in your Capture app, make two copies. In one, delete a section, and in the other, delete the opposite. Upload both jobs.
Check out the following links to see what a BIM file looks like for this model.
- Architecture + MEP
- All available options
- Some additional example of a pump room